East Anstey Parish Council has a vacancy for a Parish Councillor and invites applications for co-option.
If you are interested in becoming a councillor please email or write to the clerk saying why you are interested in becoming a councillor and what skills you could bring to the role.
Meetings are usually held on the first Wednesday of the month, at Anstey Village Hall when we are able to meet safely in person, or via Zoom at present.
- registered as an elector for the parish; or
- has resided in the parish for the past twelve months or rented/tenanted land or other premises in the parish; or
- has had their principal place of work in the parish; or
- has lived within three miles (direct) of the parish.
There are certain disqualifications for election (see 5. 80 of the Local Government Act 1972), of which the main are:
• holding a paid office under the local authority;
• having been sentenced to a term of imprisonment (whether suspended or not) of not less than three months without the option of a fine during the five years preceding the election; and
• being disqualified under any enactment relating to corrupt or illegal practices.
To apply or find out more please contact Mrs Jill Larcombe, Clerk to East Anstey Parish Council, 6 The Old School, Chapel Street, Tiverton, EX16 6ND. Tel 01884 252647 or email email@example.com